'12 Kristofer Ríos is a producer on a Fusion investigation that found conditions for transgender women locked up by Immigration and Customs Enforcement are often humiliating, dangerous and deadly. Read more
Salman Rushdie Attends SAJA Screening
Author Salman Rushdie came to the Wednesday SAJA screening of "Haider," an adaptation of "Hamlet" that is co-written by M.A. '07 Basharat Peer, pictured left. Photo: Sahiba Chawdhary Read more
Admissions Info Session
Ask your question about what it's like to be a student at the J-school at the Saturday December 6 info session. Meet Dean of Academic Affairs Sheila Coronel, faculty and students, and learn about the admissions process. Read more
Broadcast legend Barbara Walters was in conversation with Professor Wald at the J-school Monday. She gave insight to the changing journalism landscape and women in the field. Watch the recording. Read more
Columbia Journalism School turns students into high-impact journalists.
Our Master of Science students develop fundamental reporting and writing skills and professional ethics—in addition to the digital fluency that 21st-century journalism demands.
Master of Arts students dig deeper. By combining three or more years of professional journalism experience with a concentration of their choosing—such as science, health and the environment, business, politics, or arts & culture—our students become stronger reporters, editors, and producers, able clearly to convey subject-area expertise.
Our Ph.D. program connects the field of communications with an academic study of the humanities to enhance the understanding of media.
Why Columbia Journalism School?
· Go digital. Our cutting-edge, revamped program reflects the profound changes in the profession. We teach our students to be 21st-century journalists.
· Learn from the best. Our faculty members, all distinguished journalists, teach and mentor our students at the only journalism school in the Ivy League.
· Make New York City your beat. We live and work in the media capital of the world. What better place to uncover, analyze, and explain the important stories of our time?
· Accelerate your career. In one school year, you’ll develop skills that take years to build in the field—and that will put you at the head of the pack.
· Be in demand. Our alumni are some of the most respected journalists in the world, and our grads have excellent job prospects.
- Dec 6
2015-16 Application Deadline
M.S., M.A. and PhD
Dual Degree Application Deadline
Journalism and Computer Science
J-school Scholarship Applicaiton Deadline
For class of 2015-16
Friday, Nov. 21, 2014, 06:00pm (Lecture Hall)