The Delacorte Lectures: #CJSDelacorte
Calvin Trillin will speak as part of the 2015 Delacorte Lecture Series, which examine aspects of magazine journalism by a leader in magazine publishing. The event takes place on Jan. 29 at 6 p.m. in the World Room. Read more
duPont Awards Ceremony
Dr. Henry Louis Gates Jr. received the silver baton at the #duPont2015 ceremony on January 20 for for his six-part PBS series "The African Americans: Many Rivers to Cross." Read more
duPont Awards Ceremony
Dean Steve Coll poses with duPont Awards hosts NPR's Michel Martin and NBC News reporter Cynthia McFadden. The #duPont2015 Awards honor the best in broadcast, documentary and digital journalism and took place on January 20. Read more
New York Observer Leading NYC Professor
Marguerite Holloway, associate professor and director of science and environmental journalism, was named a top professor in New York City. Photo: Duy Linh Tu Read more
Columbia Journalism School turns students into high-impact journalists.
Our Master of Science students develop fundamental reporting and writing skills and professional ethics—in addition to the digital fluency that 21st-century journalism demands.
Master of Arts students dig deeper. By combining three or more years of professional journalism experience with a concentration of their choosing—such as science, health and the environment, business, politics, or arts & culture—our students become stronger reporters, editors, and producers, able clearly to convey subject-area expertise.
Our Ph.D. program connects the field of communications with an academic study of the humanities to enhance the understanding of media.
Why Columbia Journalism School?
· Go digital. Our cutting-edge, revamped program reflects the profound changes in the profession. We teach our students to be 21st-century journalists.
· Learn from the best. Our faculty members, all distinguished journalists, teach and mentor our students at the only journalism school in the Ivy League.
· Make New York City your beat. We live and work in the media capital of the world. What better place to uncover, analyze, and explain the important stories of our time?
· Accelerate your career. In one school year, you’ll develop skills that take years to build in the field—and that will put you at the head of the pack.
· Be in demand. Our alumni are some of the most respected journalists in the world, and our grads have excellent job prospects.
An intensive certification program in coding and analytic skills to turn data into narrative.
Application Deadline: Jan. 30
J-school Scholarship Application Deadline
For class of 2015-16
In scope and depth, the most comprehensive business journalism fellowship.
Monday, Feb. 2, 2015, 12:00pm (Stabile Student Center)