J-School Partners on Panama Papers
Five students in Prof. Segnini's class are reporting on records and stories for the giant records leak investigation spearheaded by the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists. Read more
2016 Pulitzer Prizes Announced
2016 Pulitzer Prize winners were announced at 3 p.m. EST on April 18. See the winning stories, photographs and cartoons, along with bios and photos of all the winners. Read more
2016 Dart Award Winners
Winners for the Dart Awards for Excellence in Coverage of Trauma went to The Associated Press and The Washington Post; honorable mention went to Matter. Read more
Career Expo 2016
More than 325 editors, producers, alumni recruiters and hiring managers attended to make this our biggest journalism job fair ever. Read more
Columbia Journalism School turns students into high-impact journalists.
Our Master of Science students develop fundamental reporting and writing skills and professional ethics—in addition to the digital fluency that 21st-century journalism demands.
Master of Arts students dig deeper. By combining three or more years of professional journalism experience with a concentration of their choosing—such as science, health and the environment, business, politics, or arts & culture—our students become stronger reporters, editors, and producers, able clearly to convey subject-area expertise.
Our Ph.D. program connects the field of communications with an academic study of the humanities to enhance the understanding of media.
Why Columbia Journalism School?
· Go digital. Our cutting-edge, revamped program reflects the profound changes in the profession. We teach our students to be 21st-century journalists.
· Learn from the best. Our faculty members, all distinguished journalists, teach and mentor our students at the only journalism school in the Ivy League.
· Make New York City your beat. We live and work in the media capital of the world. What better place to uncover, analyze, and explain the important stories of our time?
· Accelerate your career. In one school year, you’ll develop skills that take years to build in the field—and that will put you at the head of the pack.
· Be in demand. Our alumni are some of the most respected journalists in the world, and our grads have excellent job prospects.