Welcome Class of 2016
M.S. #cjs16 has arrived this week for orientation. By the numbers, this year's class is 70% women, 40% international and come from more than 20 states. Photo: Rebecca Castillo Read more
For Outstanding Reporting on Latin America and the Caribbean reporters from Bolivia, Brazil, Mexico and the U.S. are honored with the Maria Moors Cabot Prizes. Read more
Tow Selects New Fellows
Tow Center for Digital Journalism has selected 31 research fellows based around the world who will research a range of projects. Read more
Tell Great Stories
Recent graduates talk about what it's like to attend the J-School and discuss their careers after graduation. Read more
Columbia Journalism School turns students into high-impact journalists.
Our Master of Science students develop fundamental reporting and writing skills and professional ethics—in addition to the digital fluency that 21st-century journalism demands.
Master of Arts students dig deeper. By combining three or more years of professional journalism experience with a concentration of their choosing—such as science, health and the environment, business, politics, or arts & culture—our students become stronger reporters, editors, and producers, able clearly to convey subject-area expertise.
Our Ph.D. program connects the field of communications with an academic study of the humanities to enhance the understanding of media.
Why Columbia Journalism School?
· Go digital. Our cutting-edge, revamped program reflects the profound changes in the profession. We teach our students to be 21st-century journalists.
· Learn from the best. Our faculty members, all distinguished journalists, teach and mentor our students at the only journalism school in the Ivy League.
· Make New York City your beat. We live and work in the media capital of the world. What better place to uncover, analyze, and explain the important stories of our time?
· Accelerate your career. In one school year, you’ll develop skills that take years to build in the field—and that will put you at the head of the pack.
· Be in demand. Our alumni are some of the most respected journalists in the world, and our grads have excellent job prospects.