2014 Pulitzer Prize Winners Announced!
View the winners of this year's prestigious awards. Read more
The Delacorte Lectures: Jacob Weisberg
Join us on Thursday, April 17 for a lecture with Jacob Weisberg, Chairman of the Slate Group. Read more
2014 Dart Award Winners Announced!
Honoring the most sensitive, thoughtful and ethical journalism on violence, crime, disaster and other traumatic events. Read more
Conversations in Journalism
View photos and get a recap of the the 2014 Conversations in Journalism conference. Read more
Announcing a new program in data practices!
The J-School has just announced a new post-bac program that offers hands-on training in data and data technologies. Read more
Editor's Picks - March 10, 2014
Check out highlights of the work that students and recent alumni are producing. Read more
100 Great Stories
Celebrating a century of outstanding journalism Read more
Columbia Journalism School turns students into high-impact journalists.
Our Master of Science students develop fundamental reporting and writing skills and professional ethics—in addition to the digital fluency that 21st-century journalism demands.
Master of Arts students dig deeper. By combining three or more years of professional journalism experience with a concentration of their choosing—such as science, health and the environment, business, politics, or arts & culture—our students become stronger reporters, editors, and producers, able clearly to convey subject-area expertise.
Our Ph.D. program connects the field of communications with an academic study of the humanities to enhance the understanding of media.
Why Columbia Journalism School?
· Go digital. Our cutting-edge, revamped program reflects the profound changes in the profession. We teach our students to be 21st-century journalists.
· Learn from the best. Our faculty members, all distinguished journalists, teach and mentor our students at the only journalism school in the Ivy League.
· Make New York City your beat. We live and work in the media capital of the world. What better place to uncover, analyze, and explain the important stories of our time?
· Accelerate your career. In one school year, you’ll develop skills that take years to build in the field—and that will put you at the head of the pack.
· Be in demand. Our alumni are some of the most respected journalists in the world, and our grads have excellent job prospects.
Submit your application for the Tow Center's Innovation Showcase 2014 (May 12-13, 2014).
Honoring outstanding broadcast, digital and documentary journalism.
Thursday, Apr. 24, 2014, 07:00pm (World Room)