Dart Center announces 2012 Ochberg Fellows
September 05, 2012 00:00
- Maria Arce - Clarin.com - Argentina
- Mohammed (K.P.M.) Basheer - The Hindu, India
- Angelina Fusco - BBC Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
- Alex Hannaford – Freelance, Texas
- Stuart Hughes – BBC, United Kingdom
- Maria Mataruse - Radio Voice of the People, Zimbabwe & South Africa
- Maria Rosa Meneses - El Mundo, Spain
- Tara Murtha - Philadelphia Weekly, Philadelphia
- Ashley Powers - Los Angeles Times, Los Angeles
- Alia Malek – Freelance, Syria
- Ali Ahmad Safi - McClatchy Kabul bureau, Afghanistan
- Sally Sara - Australian Broadcasting Corporation, Australia
- Kevin Sites – Independent Journalist, Hong Kong
- Dianne Solis - Dallas Morning News, Dallas
- Jeremy Young - Al Jazeera English, Washington D.C.
The fellowship program is named in honor of Frank Ochberg, M.D., clinical professor of psychiatry at Michigan State University and a pioneering figure in the definition and treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder, Stockholm Syndrome and other responses to violence, trauma and terror. Ochberg, winner of the Lifetime Achievement Award from the International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies, is chairman emeritus of the Dart Center.
For more information, including biographies of the Fellows, read the full press release.