Who We Are
Columbia Journalism School turns students into high-impact journalists.
Our Master of Science students develop fundamental reporting and writing skills and professional ethics, along with the digital fluency that 21st-century journalism demands.
Master of Arts students dig deeper. By combining three or more years of professional journalism experience with a concentration of their choosing—such as science, health and the environment, business, politics, or arts & culture—our students become stronger reporters, editors, and producers, able clearly to convey subject-area expertise.
Our Ph.D. program connects the field of communications with an academic study of the humanities to enhance the understanding of media.
Why Columbia Journalism School?
· The Written Word, where you’ll learn deadline news, profile writing and feature writing.
· Dig Into Data. Our cutting-edge curriculum reflects the profound changes in the profession. We offer three tracks for students to immerse in data journalism: Journalism and Computer Science dual-degree, the Lede Program and the new data specialization.
· Make New York City your beat. We live and work in the media capital of the world. There is no better place to uncover, analyze, and explain the important stories of our time.
· Accelerate your career. In one school year, you'll develop skills that take years to build in the field, which will put you at the head of the pack.
· Be in demand. Our alumni are some of the most respected journalists in the world, and our grads have excellent job prospects.
Columbia Journalism School Brochure
Download the Journalism School brochure to learn more about our degree programs, the history of the school, and what an education at the Journalism School has to offer.