Covering Cuba in an Era of Change
Check out videos from the Dart Center conference that includes insights from academic experts, community leaders, and policy advocates on issues like health care, the environment and culture. Read more
2015 duPont Winners
FRONTLINE filmmaker Muhammad Ali embeds with rebel factions for a first look at ISIS in "Syria's Second Front," one of the 2015 duPont Award winners. See all the winners here. Read more
Behind the Prizes: Swan Song
DP Rick Gershon sets up a camera in Houston. His film documents the struggle of two daughters who make hard choices in the face of their mother’s debilitating disorder. His work and other winners will be on display in the Brown Institute, Dec. 12-19 from 4 to 8 p.m Read more
2015 duPont Winners
The documentary "Virunga," which shows the beauty of Congo's endangered national park, is a first duPont Award win for the Internet streaming service Netflix. See all of the 2015 winners here. Read more
The Brown Institute will host the World Press Photo 2014 Multimedia Exhibition from Dec. 12-19, from 4 to 8 p.m. Read more
Columbia Journalism School turns students into high-impact journalists.
Our Master of Science students develop fundamental reporting and writing skills and professional ethics—in addition to the digital fluency that 21st-century journalism demands.
Master of Arts students dig deeper. By combining three or more years of professional journalism experience with a concentration of their choosing—such as science, health and the environment, business, politics, or arts & culture—our students become stronger reporters, editors, and producers, able clearly to convey subject-area expertise.
Our Ph.D. program connects the field of communications with an academic study of the humanities to enhance the understanding of media.
Why Columbia Journalism School?
· Go digital. Our cutting-edge, revamped program reflects the profound changes in the profession. We teach our students to be 21st-century journalists.
· Learn from the best. Our faculty members, all distinguished journalists, teach and mentor our students at the only journalism school in the Ivy League.
· Make New York City your beat. We live and work in the media capital of the world. What better place to uncover, analyze, and explain the important stories of our time?
· Accelerate your career. In one school year, you’ll develop skills that take years to build in the field—and that will put you at the head of the pack.
· Be in demand. Our alumni are some of the most respected journalists in the world, and our grads have excellent job prospects.
Dual Degree Application Deadline
Journalism and Computer Science
An intensive certification program in coding and analytic skills to turn data into narrative.
J-school Scholarship Application Deadline
For class of 2015-16
M.S. Masters Project Due