Editor's Picks - November 23, 2013
Check out highlights of the work that students and recent alumni are producing. Read more
Admissions Information Session: Dec. 7, 2013
Interested in the J-School? Attend an information sessions with our admissions team to learn more. Read more
James McBride wins the National Book Award
On Nov. 21, 2013, it was announced that alumnus James McBride had won the National Book Award for 'The Good Lord Bird.' Read more
Applications for the Columbia Publishing Course are now open!
Deadline: Monday, March 17, 2014. Read more
Columbia Journalism Review announces its new Editor in Chief
Elizabeth Spayd, former Managing Editor of 'The Washington Post,' has been named the new Editor in Chief and Publisher of CJR. Read more
100 Great Stories
Celebrating a century of outstanding journalism Read more
Applications are open for the 2014-2015 academic year
Apply online today to be part of next year's class. Read more
Columbia Journalism School turns students into high-impact journalists.
Our Master of Science students develop fundamental reporting and writing skills and professional ethics—in addition to the digital fluency that 21st-century journalism demands.
Master of Arts students dig deeper. By combining three or more years of professional journalism experience with a concentration of their choosing—such as science, health and the environment, business, politics, or arts & culture—our students become stronger reporters, editors, and producers, able clearly to convey subject-area expertise.
Our Ph.D. program connects the field of communications with an academic study of the humanities to enhance the understanding of media.
Why Columbia Journalism School?
· Go digital. Our cutting-edge, revamped program reflects the profound changes in the profession. We teach our students to be 21st-century journalists.
· Learn from the best. Our faculty members, all distinguished journalists, teach and mentor our students at the only journalism school in the Ivy League.
· Make New York City your beat. We live and work in the media capital of the world. What better place to uncover, analyze, and explain the important stories of our time?
· Accelerate your career. In one school year, you’ll develop skills that take years to build in the field—and that will put you at the head of the pack.
· Be in demand. Our alumni are some of the most respected journalists in the world, and our grads have excellent job prospects.
Register to learn about our master's, Ph.D and computer science-journalism programs.
Enter a work-in-progress book project to win $30K