Four J-School students win prestigious OPC awards
Olivia Crellin, John Ismay, Caelainn Hogan, and Portia Crowe recently won Overseas Press Club Foundation awards that will fund internships around the globe. Read more
Career Expo 2014
Registration is open for media companies to attend the March 29 event, the largest expo of news hiring managers in the U.S. Read more
The Delacorte Lectures: Vanessa Bush
Vanessa Bush, Editor-In-Chief of Essence, speaks as part of the 2014 Delacorte Lectures on March 27. Read more
Editor's Picks - Feb. 24, 2014
Check out highlights of the work that students and recent alumni are producing. Read more
Register now for Continuing Education courses
Dr. Mario Garcia, Hearst Digital Media Professional in Residence at Columbia Journalism School is teaching workshops this spring. Read more
100 Great Stories
Celebrating a century of outstanding journalism Read more
Columbia Journalism School turns students into high-impact journalists.
Our Master of Science students develop fundamental reporting and writing skills and professional ethics—in addition to the digital fluency that 21st-century journalism demands.
Master of Arts students dig deeper. By combining three or more years of professional journalism experience with a concentration of their choosing—such as science, health and the environment, business, politics, or arts & culture—our students become stronger reporters, editors, and producers, able clearly to convey subject-area expertise.
Our Ph.D. program connects the field of communications with an academic study of the humanities to enhance the understanding of media.
Why Columbia Journalism School?
· Go digital. Our cutting-edge, revamped program reflects the profound changes in the profession. We teach our students to be 21st-century journalists.
· Learn from the best. Our faculty members, all distinguished journalists, teach and mentor our students at the only journalism school in the Ivy League.
· Make New York City your beat. We live and work in the media capital of the world. What better place to uncover, analyze, and explain the important stories of our time?
· Accelerate your career. In one school year, you’ll develop skills that take years to build in the field—and that will put you at the head of the pack.
· Be in demand. Our alumni are some of the most respected journalists in the world, and our grads have excellent job prospects.
The prizes recognize a distinguished body of work that has contributed to Inter-American understanding.
CPC offers a six-week (June 15-June 25, 2014) intensive introduction to all aspects of book, magazine, and digital publishing.
Receive grant funding of up to $150,000 to produce an innovative story or media platform.
Thursday, Mar. 27, 2014, 07:30pm (World Room)